Wednesday, May 30, 2012

here fishy fishy

So let's get down to business!

I made fish ! Yes, Me, who hates fish unless it's raw in sushi (yup I'm weird) made some yummy tilapia. And I mean it,  it was yummy. And I just made it up on the fly!

Spicy almond crusted pan seared Tilapia

4 fresh Tilapia fillets
1 cup of almonds that I crushed in the food processor (I did mine fine you choose how coarse you want your almonds)
1 tsp of Red pepper flakes (add as much or less as you want)
the zest of one lemon
Fresh cilantro (again use how much you like i used about 2 tbsp) and save some for garnish
salt & pepper
2 eggs
2 tbsp butter

Take your Tilapia and rinse and pat dry. Break 2 eggs in a bowl and beat them. In another flat bowl or plate put the almonds, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, cilantro, salt and pepper.

Heat a skillet on medium high and let 1 tbsp of butter melt and make sure the skillet is all coated. Dip your fish in the egg then make sure it's properly coated in the almond mixture. Put in the pan. I did 2 at a time, did not want to crowd the pan. I turned the heat down to medium. cooked for 5 minutes per side. You don't want to handle it to much as they coating will come off but you don't want it to burn either so keep an eye on it and fix the heat accordingly. Repeat with the 2 other fillets and serve with a lemon wedge and garnish with fresh cilantro !

I served mine with grilled veggies (sweet potato, peppers, red onion, zucchini)  that I cooked in foil with garlic and olive oil, salt and pepper. I made tons so I could have leftovers for another meal.





Bacon wrapped egg cups
12 slices of bacon
12 eggs
onion powder 
salt and pepper  
whatever veggies you desire, I used mushrooms, roasted red peppers, roasted garlic, fresh basil and fresh rosemary
Olive oil to coat the muffin tin

These are super easy! Preheat your oven at 350 degrees. I used convection. Brush your 12 muffin cups with olive oil or coconut oil whatever fat of choice (paleo safe of course) now wrap a bacon slice around the inside of the muffin cups this will hold the egg. It's fine if it overlaps. chop up your veggies into bite size and put them in the cups do the same with your herbs. Break all your eggs in a big measuring cup and add salt pepper and onion powder, you could even add hot sauce and whatever you choose ... customize it to your liking! Beat the eggs and pour the egg mixture in every cup I filled mine to the top of the bacon slice, don't overflow as they will mess up your oven real good. I put them in for 20 minutes but this varies ... check them after 20 minutes if the eggs still looks soft put them back in. Once ready i put them on a paper towel to absorb the grease and then serve !


enjoy !


1 comment:

  1. Un gros merci, je vais les faire. Passes une belle journée

    ReplyDelete