Thursday, May 17, 2012

Closer

So i'm getting closer to my goal. I researched pull ups on youtube hoping to find this ah hah moment where it would click and I would go to the gym and do 10 pull ups in a row and feel awesome. Yeah not so much but I got 2 sets of 2 unassisted pull ups and that's a huge improvement from none! So i'll keep at it and will one day get 10 then maybe more ... we'll see :P

So last night i made the most amazing yummy treat for us. I had left over coconut milk so i made this:


Dark chocolate coconut pudding

1 can of full fat coconut milk
2-4 tbsp of unsweetned Dark 100% cocoa powder
Honey to taste

Put all the ingredients in a bowl and beat well with a wisk. Put in the freezer for 20 minutes beating with teh whisk every 10 minutes so it does not become a big block of ice. seperate in bowls and top with bananas, raspberries and chopped up almonds and serve YUM ! and Paleo !



So I started with desert but I also made some yummy diner




Buffalo style meatballs

2 lbs of ground veal, pork, beef  mix (or you can just use whatever ground meat you choose)
1 large onion finely diced
Garlic powder to taste
salt and pepper
Frank's red hot sauce to your liking

Preheat oven at 400 degrees, I used convection. Mix all ingredients together, and form meatballs to the desired size the smaller the quicker it will cook. Place on 2 foil lined cookie sheets. put in oven for 20 minutes or until done. I checked with a meat termometer to make sure they were done at 170 degrees. (very important for ground meat) I served with more frank red hot sauce.

 

Cauliflower coconut curry  "rice"

a small head of cauliflower, chopped coarsely
1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 tbsp green curry paste
1/2 can of coconut milk
Fresh cilantro
1/4 red and 1/4 of yellow peppers
salt and pepper

After chopping up the cauliflower…
 
Throw the pieces of cauliflower into the food processor.

Pulse the contents until they were reduced to the size of couscous or rice grains.

Then sautee t cauliflower in the melted coconut oil over medium heat

I seasoned it with salt and pepper added the peppers, curry paste, and peppers.  Then, I covered the skillet and cooked the cauliflower for 5-10 minutes until softened. In the last 5 minutes I put the cilantro.

 







1 comment:

  1. Getting closer to your goal...and looking fantastic! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete