Monday, May 7, 2012

Goals

Now that I have your attention ladies and gentlemen yes men i know you also drool over Dwayne :P

Let's talk about goals. I've set myself a few goals one being to do and finish the Spartan race and it's coming up really soon ... like scary soon. Not sure I am prepared! Trying to do as many intense cardio sessions I can. I also have this ultimate goal to be able to do 10 non assisted pull ups, man it sounds like an impossible goal I can't begin to tell you how my upper body strenght is just not good. I'm struggling with assisted pull ups! I seem to be setting myself up for failure but I'm confident that I will get to it some time. I haven't given myself a timeline for the pull ups.... yet ...

Here is the recipe of the day:

Portobello Burger and Fatoush salad

Bbq beef pattie on a Portobello mushroom that I lightly grilled on the bbq topped with lettuce, tomato, avocado, salt and pepper and a fatoush salad. Easy and delicious!

Went to the tulip festival with the kiddies on the weekend and it was a lot of fun .. really great weather and lots of people walking around. Will definitely go to the market more often this summer I forget how much i love the market! 

3 comments:

  1. pull ups - did you buy the pull up bands? how do you find them?
    i'd love to get some, but money is too tight right now so i'm just using the pull-down machine with a chinup style grip

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm pull up bands ?? I have the bands to do ab work that are called the perfect pull up but I don't get why they are called that as you don't actually pull up you strap your arms in and then lift or twist your legs to work abs ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. check these out!

    http://rubberbanditz.com/pull-up-bands/

    ReplyDelete