Tuesday, January 22, 2013

mmmmmm donuts !!!

I kind of hate that I don't take the time to blog more. Sorry folks ... As much as I want to life takes over and I forget ... It's so much easier for me to just post a pic on Facebook but there has to be more and I realise that !

So I’ve had many requests for this recipe




Chocolate coconut donuts
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 12-15 minutes
Makes: 12 large donuts


1 cup creamy almond butter, unsalted
4 eggs
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
2 tbsp. pure maple syrup (or to taste) honey can also be used
2tbsp. unsweetened organic dark cocoa
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
¼ cup of unsweetened coconut (optional)

 
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Place almond butter in a medium bowl and beat with a mixer until creamy. Add eggs, pumpkin, maple syrup, and vanilla.  Continue to beat until thoroughly blended. 
2. Add baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix well. 
3. Place batter into a well-greased donut pan, I used coconut oil.  You could use a muffin tin but they won’t be donuts!!! Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Let cool for 10 minutes, remove from pan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment