Saturday, March 23, 2013

week 1

Week 1 of my new meal plan is going ok ... having a hard time eating the same thing everyday ... and the most painful thing of all there is no BACON on this plan OMG .... NO BACON. Life is sad ...

no but in all seriousness I am dedicated to this and Sara knows what she is doing .. I need to melt fat and whatever I was doing wasn't working anymore so I will listen and try anything. And hopefully see results again. Plateaus suck! The workouts are really good I really feel on track and it's a nice change and structure ...

So I have to remind people that Paleo is what you make of it ... It doesn't have to be a weight loss diet but for the goal i have I needed to kick stuff up a notch so I am on a strict 1400-1450 calories a day no red meat, high protein meal plan these days to help shed some fat i've been doomed to hold on too ...

I should be on that show "last 10 lbs" except for me  it would be last 20 lbs ! burn baby burn !

Before I started my meal plan I made this chilli, It was delicious ... and btw I still cook Paleo friendly stuff with red meat for the man ... I won't be posting what I eat just yet as i'm paying someone to organize this for me and really think about it .. if I post what she has me eating then I might as well send you all a bill for a cut in my coaching fees !

I found this super greens organic mix at Costco, it's baby kale, baby swiss chard and baby spinach. I've been putting that in everything and this chili is no exception ! It adds to the nutrients and it is delicious.





Grass fed organic beef chili


  • 4 lbs of grass fed ground beef
  • 1 jar (1.18 littre) of the white linen marinara sauce (It's all natural and I get it at costco, comes in a pack of 2 jars, no sugar or crap added :) ) 
  • 1 large onion chopped up 
  • Spices of your choice I use Epicure ( Louisianna hot and spicy dip mix, marinara mix, garlic powder)
  • 2 cups or more of the super organic greens from costco (baby kale, baby swiss chard and baby spinach)
  • 2 cups or more of pre-sliced mushrooms 
I use my pressure cooker and can have this chilli ready in 45 minutes and it tastes like i've done it in my slow cooker simmering all day. Feel free to use any cooking method but insure your beef is cooked ... 

I put all the ingredients but the greens and mushrooms as they would get to mushy ... I add them at the end and just let my pressure cooker with the lid off and let the veggies cook abit and serve with some crispy exotic veggie chips ! 





No comments:

Post a Comment