Saturday, November 3, 2012

MIA

Sorry I've been missing in action ... had to take a break from life and stress while i moved into our new house and got ready for the next chapter of my life ! I bought a better computer and went on vacation and now I'm back and relaxed and ready to attack the body transformation yet again.

So the man and I took a much needed vacation to Jamaica, yes during Hurricane Sandy ! Even though it started in Jamaica it didn't hit as hard as it hit other places it seems, we still had a fantastic vacation. As much as this vacation was fantastic it was also eye opening... I let my guards down and ate and drank like their was no tomorrow and by day 3 I felt sick and most of all depressed of what I had let myself indulge in. The physical feeling I had was not worth it. I felt like a huge bloated ball of fat and was depressed and tired. I didn't fit in my jeans coming back. I wanted to cry. I was so disappointed in myself feeling like a failure ... all this work and I really honestly thought I had gained all my weight back and started having anxiety ... We got back and I weighed myself and to my horror 12 lb gain :( I was devastated .... 7 days and 12 lb gain ! wow ... but thankfully I had the week off and I went on 100% Paleo and worked my butt off at the gym and am 4 lbs away from the weight I was when I left but even better is I felt physically better, not as depressed and not tired. So I'm back at being motivated and this has opened my eyes to what Paleo really offers me and that is an all around better physical feeling and well being.

The food was good but my food is better .... less salt, more portion control and just more wholesome and no gluten, grains, dairy etc...

So since we've been back i've been craving just meat and salads so this is what I've made (recipes to come) :


Curry pork on fatoush salad 


Curry coconut cauliflower as a side for rosemary honey chicken (see recipes below)







No comments:

Post a Comment