Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Major decisions

I've decided to set a huge goal for myself and myself only... By dec 2013 I will compete in a women's natural figure fitness competition. I am both excited and nervous about this but I am ready to attack this challenge 110%. I do believe that it's a realistic goal. I need full support from my friends and family as this is something I really believe I can achieve and will achieve. No excuses, no exeptions. I don't expect everyone to understand this goal but I do expect people to support that It's something I want to do to keep me focused and motivated. I'm not doing this for the superficial reasons some might assume but more for the health benefits and how good I feel emotionaly and physically when I transform myself and better myself.

I have a great entourage and I have no doubt that they will help me achieve my goal ! :)

Here is a recipe for a quick snack

Savory seeds

1cup unsalted plain pumpkin seeds
1cup unsalted sunflower seeds
2 tbsp curry powder
1tbsp cumin powder
1tsp garlic powder
A pinch of sea salt
1tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven broiler to 450 degrees, mix seed with oil and spices and coat. Put on cookie sheet and put under broiler keeping an eye and flipping the seeds around often till desired roast is achieved !



6 comments:

  1. Good job Max! I am so excited for you! You motivate me to be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on Max!!! I never really knew you were interested in skating like that. That's really cool to set a goal like that. I've been keeping my new hobby a bit secret in order to get into it and see how I like it, but I've started archery. Not for hunting but for me. I've always wanted to do this since my days in the scouts. As I mentioned before the location I found with the instructor I wanted is really far, but that's what I wanted.
    Keep your eyes focused, you'll achieve your goal!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i found you through that paleo athlete website. Can paleo eat deli meats?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sorry never saw your comment !!

      In theory yes but you have to find somewhere that sells nitrate, gluten free, sugar free meats, it's better to stay away but Depending on where your from there are places to find deli meat that is Paleo.

      Are u from Ottawa ? I can suggest a place

      Delete
  4. Will you be sharing your workouts and progress here, Max? Or is this blog only for recipes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed your comment to for some reason Steve, it's about everything to do with my transformation :)

      Delete