Thursday, April 11, 2013

spirals

I got this new tool from a Groupon and at first when I got it it looked sketchy, it had no instructions, the box only had asian writing no english or french I was really not impressed but It looked so cool on the groupon pic !!!

So anyway I decided to give it a shot and seriously I have to say I prefer it over my julienne peeler I raved about in another post. Check out the finished product ...what I love is that you use up the whole zucchini, you are not discarding the core like with the Julienne peeler, the texture is great and for some reason it even feels less watery. My trick is I just sauté them warm but I leave them raw they have a bit of a bite and they are like al dente noodles. I added garlic and coconut oil and it added loads of flavor to them ... who needs noodles!


I then serve my marinara chicken (chicken I just cooked in my pressure cooker with that marinara sauce I talked about in the other post and and some spices of choice) right on top YUM !

I heard that Ma Cuisine on the byward market in Ottawa has a spiral mandoline, not sure how much it is ... but probably less sketch then this tool I got off groupon for 12$!







No comments:

Post a Comment