Friday, April 27, 2012

Allergies vs. Cold

Not sure what's up but my head feels like it's going to explode, and my throat hurts. but it goes away and I feel light headed so usually that's allergies but I take allergy meds and it does nothing. ahh the joys of health!

When I feel like this I am so not motivated to go to the gym but I need to so I will.

Last night I made a recipe I found on this great site http://paleomg.com/ it was so yum ! What's great is I have leaftovers for lunch :) I served it with a side salad of avocados and cherry tomatoes with lime juice.


Caramelized Onion Frittata
  • 6 eggs, whisked
  • 1/2lb italian sausage
  • 2 yellow onions, sliced thin
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1-2 tablespoon Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil (to grease your 8×8 glass baking dish)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. First cook your italian sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until cooked through. Be sure to use a wooden spoon to break up the sausage while it cooks.
  3. Place your italian sausage in your greased glass baking dish.
  4. While pan is still hot and over medium heat, add your sliced onions to the italian sausage grease.
  5. Cooking down for about 8-10 minutes, continuously stirring onions to help them from burning.
  6. While the onions are caramelizing, mix in your eggs with the italian sausage in your baking dish.
  7. Once your onions are caramelized, place the onions on top throughout the baking dish, covering all the eggs and italian sausage.
  8. Bake for 10-13 minutes of until your eggs are completely cooked through in the middle. Use the finger poke method to check!

No comments:

Post a Comment