Friday, July 26, 2013

Vega protein




Neverthought i would need to stay away from WHEY until now. I got some food intolerance testing done and turns out i'm intolerant to a whole wack of stuff. The one thing about competition prep is you have to really plan out your meals to a T and if you don't then it's way harder to suceed. With being intolerant to Whey and eggs, and soy and the list goes on. I was very limited in my choices. I was lucky enough to win a tub of Vega Performance Protein Chocolate flavor from Steve over at http://www.canadianpaleoathlete.com/, thanks again btw :) and check his blog out it's awesome lots of good tips on training, he's a machine !

So this is my review on the product. Now being new to the non whey protein, I've explored a few other options, I did do egg protein for a while until I found out eggs were a no no on my list so when I scored this Vega protein I was pretty excited to put it to the test. I wasn't expeciting to like it as I've had rice proteins and other types of vegan protein and to be honest I was hoping to not like it as it's not really in my budget. So I made myself a shake and to my suprise I liked it quite a bit. It mixes well with just water which I find vegan shakes stay very griddy. Vega had a thick, frothy consistency and a rich chocolaty flavor. I even made another batch for my pre-bedtime shake using 1 cup of Kale and it did not alter the taste one bit and I want to say was even yummier. It is definitly my #1 choice in flavor but it's a bit on the steep side price wise for my budget as between coach fees, food intolerance testing fees, all the stuff I need to buy for my competition as I am a first time competitor and a mom of 3 kids I have to watch the money. I am meant to take in 40G of protein in a form of a shake 2 times a day so if you do the math 1 tub doesn't last me that long. I do have to add though that it is in the price range of all the vegan shakes out there, and your getting a quality product. All the macros are fantastic .. greater then expected .. the best for vegan protein if you ask me. I was very susprised at the protein count and low carb. I would definitly love to try the other products they offer in the performance line as contest prep I am always looking for supps that will inhence my training and prep and recover my muscles.

All in all I would definitly recommend this product and I am glad I got to test it out ! Thanks again Steve and Vega for allowing me to do so ...

Now go out and test it out for yourself !


No comments:

Post a Comment