Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Juice reboot !

Wow it's been a while sorry about that ... Life has been busy .. it happens ... this is going on now !

I decided enough was enough, I’ve been on T3 for my hypothyroid for a while now and it never seems to get regulated. I feel good sometimes but it’s just like a band aid and then gets riped off and I fall into the deep dark abyss. I watched a documentary with my man and it inspired me. I don’t even know why I’m the last one to see this movie but Sick, fat and nearly dead was the name and although I don’t have a lot of weight to lose I was inspired by the benefits of the micronutrients on the system and how maybe that could fix some of the symptoms I was having :

Moody
Tired
Nothing really gets me excited, like I’m happy but it’s like I can’t feel it
Headaches all the time that become migrains
Allergies that are out of control even in the winter
Food intolerance

I could go on …

I decided on a 5 day alpha reset by Drew Canole. I prefered his approach over Joe Cross from the movie as I still want to eat meat once I finnish this and Joe cross seems to be more geared towards the vegetarian side of things. I don’t eat beans, grains, soy, so anyway this is what i`m trying out …5 days of juicing my veggies 80% and fruit 20% and having 4-6, 2 cup servings a day. On day 4, I can have eggs for breakfast and for dinner on an empty stomach followed by the juice and then on day 5, chicken is introduced.

I’m on day 3 and I don’t want to jinx it but I was having sinus migrains everyday due to allergies and so far no headaches or sinus pain at all. i do hope it’s because of this … It’s not hard at all, the food smells are inviting but I don’t feel like i`m going out of my mind or anything, I think the hardest part is finding cheap produce as it gets pricey if you pay full pop for the ingredients. So far Costco is my friend and I found lots of root veggies that are on sale.  I thought quitting coffee cold turkey would definitly give me headaches but so far so good no headaches for that either!

I really hope to re-introduce whole foods and keep to juicing 2 times a day. I’m still researching the optimal plan for the future.




4 large carrots
4 small beets
1 blood orange * i ended up putting 2 
clilantro 



A whole lot of Bok choy
2 green apples
1 blood orange peeled
a few strawberries








1 beet 
2 apples
1 orange 
4 handfulls of spinach

2 pears 
1 orange peel off 
4 handfulls of spinach


Let's hope for the best ..... so far so good ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment